Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Every Day Carry



Leatherman Wingman Multi-Tool
Scout Moto: Be Prepared. When some one asked Lord Baden Powell what they should be prepared for, he answered "any old thing". I don't know any Eagle Scouts who don't always have at least one knife on their person at all times. One of my favorite features about this multi-tool is that, unlink most other Leatherman or Gerber multi-tools, you don't have to open the whole thing to get to the knife. Also included are Leatherman's traditional pliers, various screw drivers, and a can opener. It's also got a nifty little tool designed specifically for safely opening plastic packaging. That comes in handy very often when opening new hardware at my old SysAdmin job.

The Marines say "Twon is one and one is none". It's always best to have a backup. 
Used for Two Factor Authentication for many online services I use. I often use the public computers at school. Knowing that someone with a key-logger still isn't able to get into my accounts helps me sleep at night.
Currently this device keeps a copy of all my work from my laptop. In the off chance that I don't have access to my computer or its cloud backups, I still have access to all my data. I picked it because it's advertised as mil-spec and is supposed to be able to take a beating. I like to be able to depend on my equipment.
For my coffee. This is a great thermos. It keeps my coffee and tea hot enough to last the whole day. Even when I make my coffee the night before, it stays hot all day long.
This water bottle is big enough to last me the two hours some classes take, but not so big that it gets to heavy to haul across campus while full. That and it's indestructible. I watched a scout throw one off a cliff at Philmont. When we hiked down to retrieve it, there was barely a scratch on it.
Because who doesn't love LEGOs and Star Wars?

No comments:

Post a Comment